The Musée de la Gaspésie is the most important conservation facility for documents, books and artefacts pertaining to regional history. This vast collection, begun in the 1960s, is constantly drawn on for the production of exhibitions, activities and the Magazine Gaspésie.
The Musée de la Gaspésie Archives Centre is the only certified private archives repository in the Gaspésie administrative region. Its role is to acquire, process, conserve and disseminate documents essential to an understanding of the region’s past. It also houses a sizable heritage library, specialising in regional history. The Archives Centre is open to the general public (preferably by appointment). Whether you’re a researcher or simply interested in history or genealogy, our professional archivist is available to help you with your research and consultation needs.
Please note the new terms.
The Musée de la Gaspésie Archive Centre has maintained its regular schedule and researchers can continue to consult the archival fonds at the centre. However, there are some new conditions governing visits:
- When you arrive at the Museum, please ring the bell and an employee will open the door for you.
- At all times, we ask you to maintain a distance of 2 metres from other people.
- Researchers who wish to use a computer are advised to bring their own laptops.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers are available in various locations.
- Masks will be mandatory for everyone 12 years and over.
- Please note that reservations are still required for BAnQ Gaspé. To make a reservation, please contact email@example.com